Thursday, April 23, 2015

Review: Forgotten Tales




Review: Forgotten Tales
By William Pattison, aka Eric Morse 
For Horror Bob's Blog

I just finished watching Reyna Young’s new film Forgotten Tales.
I have to say I was very impressed. Reyna has constructed an anthology film in the vein of Creepshow. I loved the fact that all the stories in this film were inter-connected. I also like the fact that Reyna made these character centered stories rather than gore centered. Don’t get me wrong, there is enough violence and mayhem to satisfy any horror fan. The thing I like was that Reyna, rather than going heavily for blood and innards, went more for story and playing with the viewers psyche with camera and startle techniques. Most lower budget horror films don’t do this. They shove a bunch of gore down the viewer’s throats and give them very little else. This film I highly recommend and I give 8 out of  10 howls…..

Keep on Creepin', Horror Bob's Blog